THE REASON YOU'RE INFATUATED IS BECAUSE MY STYLE AND PERSONA IS SICK.

awesome Pictures, Images and Photos

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Quote of the Day

"To be ignorant of one's own ignorance is to be in an unprogressive, uninspired state of existence. "
David O. McKay




I believe the most dangerous thing to us is the lack of awareness to our own ignorances. The word and term ignorance is not just is, its a lot more convoluted than what many claim to understand. Ignorance can be visible in the way you communicate, dress, write, what you purchase, your realationships with people, how you make decision, what in life you deem as important and what is not..e.t.c. It is not knowing what's right or wrong, or having a distorted view/understanding of what is right or wrong. It's one thing to seek knowledge for your ignorance, but its another to put that knowledge into use. I can admit I'm still ignorant to many things around me, but I am willing to learn, embrace the unknown, and sometimes even the known. I suppose many people are so ignorant because they are too close minded, they only see what exist is their world and who ever they see fit to belong in it. When they step out the box and into the real world, it becomes difficult for them to adhere to rules, and if they do, its hard for them to comprehend why things are the way they are. They are also less empathic to others than those who seek to know.

Ignorance destroys things, its the reason for racism, predjudice, war, police brutality, why women are paid less than man, why everyone thinks all Arabs or Muslims are terrorist, Why you would vote Republican this year(sry couldnt resist), why there are gaps within the schools systems, and healthcare, why many think the Aids pandemic is still soley an African issue, gay issue, minority issue, or African American issues, soo many more I 'm sure you can think of.

If you dont know, ask, there's no such thing as a stupid question if it serves to improve your level of understanding.

Lessen your ignorance and proliferate your knowledge level, and trust me when I say your quality of life will be immensely increased.

0 comments: