If this girls stares at me one more gain, I mean damn! Shorty big ass eyes is always all over me everytime I get up or something (I’m in class). Anyhow that paper I had to do was BRUTAL, partly my fault since I started damn near midnight on a four page paper. Topic? Self Awareness vs. how others perceive you, sounds fairly easy right? Wrong! Not when you have to compare Freud: Introductory lectures on Psycho-Analysis, Dubois: The souls of Black folk, and Plato: The Trials and Deaths of Socrates. I swear my teacher be tripping and I basically lost sleep over this shit. *Sigh* I need a vacay for real, who wants to take me? Well at least that was my second to last paper, my last one is a 7 page critical paper and then I'm done for the semester!!! owwwww....
Wow religion REALLY have some people tripping, wow, I’m in class and basically we are reading on three books on different religions, the Quran, Bible and the Daojing. We read the Bible everyone was eager and happy go lucky to talk about it, now we are currently listening to a Islamic recitation, and you should see the ignorance spewing out of this people. One girl even had the nerve to say why do I have to listen to this devil’s worship, got upset and walked out the class. On some real if the WHITE man didn’t force Christianity down your AFRICAN ancestor’s throat, your ass would probably be worshipping the devil literally! Spirits and shit. Seriously not just because I was raised in a Muslim household, but because the attitude towards Islam and Muslims is disgusting, especially post 9/11 (which the involvement of the U.S. is still suspect). Its hard for me to fully claim myself as a Muslim because I seriously lack knowledge on the religion, claiming it will turn me into a form of hypocrite. I am spiritual, I believe in God, believe in a higher being, although my spirituality is a piggy back off the Islamic ways. To be honest I hate RELIGION, it is divisive, and isolating. Both CHRISTIANITY and ISLAM killed others for not believing in their religion, used religion as a way to control people, I don’t know about yall but I don’t believe that is God’s message. Mainstream wants us to believe that Islam is the devils religion, why because SOME of its followers harsh ways are more modern and in your face, aand you're not just reading about it is in some history book? please do your research on the bloodshed caused by Christianity, then HOLLA back at me. Prove to me that one is more superior than other, or neither is stained with human blood. Christianity is veiwed as acceptable because majority is always right…right? Ever thought how Christianity would’ve been perceived if Islam was the leading religion. What’s popular is not always right. (If you are a strong believer of either religion, good for you, but if you're offended, dont read my shit.)
I didn’t even mean to write about this, but its what we are talking about right now so it fits.
Arrghhhhh!!!!! I just checked my bag and I realized I left my workout cloths at home, no yoga and totally toning class with Caitlin for me today :( . I remember my luxury days (3weeks ago) of working out 5 days a week, thanks to having two jobs and school, and today is my day off! There goes my stress reliever dammit!
BYEEEE!!
16 years ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment